Ultrafiltration is filtration under pressure through membranes with a pore size of 0,005 – 0,2 µm (1-1000 kDa molecular cut-off).
SANI Membranes Free Flow Plate™ technology is uniquely suited for ultrafiltration
- The trans membrane pressure (TMP) is very uniform even in large systems – sharper membrane cut-off.
- The Free Flow Plate™ Module can handle higher concentrations and higher viscosity.
- The Free Flow Plate™ technology reduces energy consumption.
- Improved clean-ability.
- Shorter CIP cycles results in more time for production.
- The simple and open design is very sanitary and 100% drainable.
- Large variety of validated low cost UF membranes available.
SANI Membranes ultrafiltration application examples
- New product due to sharper membrane cut-off.
- Protein fractionation.
- Milk fractionation.
- Biomass fractionation and concentration.
- Aquaculture intake.
- Water cleaning.
- Virus removal.
- Cold sterilization.
See Synder Filtration or Wikipedia for more information on ultrafiltration basics and applications.