Microfiltration is filtration under pressure through membranes with a pore size of 0.1 – 10 µm.
SANI Membranes Free Flow Plate™ technology is uniquely suited for microfiltration
- The Free Flow Plate™ Modules can handle large particulates - +0,5mm or more.
- The trans membrane pressure (TMP) is very low and uniform even in large systems.
- Very large channels on the permeate side handles very high fluxes with limited resistance.
- Improved clean-ability.
- Shorter CIP cycles results in more time for production.
- The simple and open design is very sanitary and 100% drainable.
- Large variety of validated and low cost MF membranes available.
SANI Membranes microfiltration application examples
- Bacteria removal.
- Yeast removal.
- Skim milk fractionation.
- Cell debris reduction.
- Clarification of beverages.
- Water cleaning.
- Particulate removal.
- Biomass fractionation and concentration.
- Cold Sterilization.
See Synder Filtration or Wikipedia for more information on microfiltration basics and applications.